What do you need to do after you get an offer from an American university


A lot of people think that after getting an offer from an American university, they can pack their bags and go abroad happily. However, before you go abroad, you need to look at these precautions carefully.

First of all, vaccination for international students (also known as留学生疫苗接种) is a must. American schools request that foreign students need to be injected before going to the US to study, usually in the a form called Immunization Requirement (that is, the school requires that those vaccines must be injected). The type and amount of vaccine required by each school is different, so you need to carefully read the school’s requirements for the vaccine and fill in your personal information on the form. Vaccination is conducted at the travel and health care centers of the provinces and cities. Check the website of the International Travel Health Care Center in your province and make an appointment. You only need to hand in the school’s vaccine request form and vaccine to the doctor and wait for the vaccination. After three working days, you will get a doctor to fill out the completed vaccine form. If you need to be vaccinated in the United States, because the cost is relatively expensive, you can choose to buy relevant medical insurance, Huhu insurance (also known as虎虎保险) will be a good choice.

The first thing most people want is a green card. However, immigration lawyers (also known as移民律师) will tell you that green card are hard to get and the green card schedule (also known as绿卡排期) is long. After you graduate, student status ends, and you can apply for OPT to remain legal. However, it is important to note that most American companies choose a worker nearby. If you are studying in New York, you’d better choose New York for your internship (also known as纽约实习). After the internship, it’s also best to look for a job in New York (also known as纽约找工作).